BASS LAKE ASSOCIATION
2021 Bass Lake Photo Contest - Deadline extended to Mon. Sept 20th
Dock Rock returns...
The show must go on! Neil and Drew Leicester will be returning for Dock Rock 2021 on Saturday, July 31st from 2pm to 4pm. Everyone is invited to park their boat / floatation in the bay across from the crown land.
The event will be supporting the Kelly Shires Breast Cancer Foundation again. Please make sure to bring a donation in your bathing suit or you can e-transfer your donation email@example.com.
Silent Auction To Support Kelly Shires
Drew Leicester has created a beautiful charcuterie board to be auctioned off with all proceeds going to Kelly Shires. I have attached some pics and the board is stunning.
Local Love Muskoka will manage the silent auction and you can submit all bids to firstname.lastname@example.org. The bidding starts now and will remain open until 6pm on July 31st. You can also see and learn more by visiting the Instagram account by clicking here.
Open to all Bass Lake cottagers and family members
Photos must be original.
Photos must be taken between September 15th, 2020 and September 20th, 2021.
Photos must not have been submitted for entry, or have been cited or won, any other photo contest.
Photographers retain ownership over their photographs.
Photographers must ensure that they have any and all necessary permissions from any third parties
(people or property) that might appear in the submitted photographs.
Photographers agree to allow the Bass Lake Association to use their photos for purposes related to
the activities of the association.
- Children and Youth (photographer is under 18 years of age)
- Landscapes and Nature
1. Technical requirements
- Take a photo with any device
- JPG files only
- No watermarks
- No cropping
- No filters applied
2. Important reminders
- If you're using a mobile device, ensure your camera is set to the highest resolution possible. (This is the default setting unless you've changed it)
- Avoid adding filters on photo editing apps. These filters can compromise the quality of the photo
- Cropping images taken on mobile devices can also compromise the quality of the photo
How To Submit Your Entry
- Please submit your entries for the 2021 Bass Lake Photo Contest using this GOOGLE FORM.
- All entries into the photo contest will be shared via the new BassLakeWeb Instagram account.
- Follow along so you can vote for the People’s Choice photo when the time comes.
- Photos must be submitted by no later than Monday September 20th, 2021.
- If you have any questions about the photo contest, or any difficulty accessing the Google Entry Form, please feel free to send an e-mail to email@example.com.
1. The jurors
- Members of the Bass Lake Association are invited to apply to be juror’s for the contest
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to tell us a little something about yourself and why you think you're a good fit for judging our photography contest. No experience necessary.
2. Announcing the Shortlist
- The juror’s will announce their shortlist of photos approx. one week after the contest closes.
- The final announcement of the winning photos will be made via the Bass Lake Association website at or near the end of September.
- Winners will also be announced via the regular Bass Lake Update e-mail blast.
- The winners in each category will receive a gift certificate to a local retailer or restaurant… and bragging rights.
Click on image to view full sized copy of poster.
Click here to download a copy of the poster to print.
Parade of Lights
Everybody on the lake is invited to decorate their boat and/or their dock with christmas lights, glow sticks, or whatever you want.
- Date: Saturday, September 4th, 2021 (If it rains, we will do it the following day)
- Time: Approximately 8:30pm
- Location: Assemble out in the big bay
Photo credit: Parade Time by Ryan Thomas.
Winner, Landscapes and Nature, Bass Lake Photo Contest 2020.
Photo Credit: Rob Graham, Curiosity in the Canoe. Grand Prize winner, Bass Lake Photo Contest 2020
Lights Out: Saturday August 14th
Do you like to paddle? Getting up early in the morning and going for a solo paddle is lovely… but it’s also nice to sometimes paddle with a partner, or even a small group.
Indeed, it might just be the incentive needed to get out there and get moving on those days when you really want to paddle but inertia - and your morning cup of tea or coffee, or afternoon drinks and nibbles - keep you firmly rooted to the spot. Knowing that you had committed to paddle with someone w/could be the push you need to actually get up and get paddling.
In these days of COVID when you’re not really having many guests at the cottage, consider joining our newly constituted Bass Lake Paddlers group. Meet new people, and up your exercise ante all at once.
All are welcome... kayaks, canoes, paddle boards... whatever you paddle, join us.
We communicate and co-ordinate using the ‘What’s App’ app.
Bass Lake Paddlers